Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

May Release Preview Day 2: Seas The Day

Hello, everyone!  Today is an exciting day at My Time Made Easy.  This is the second preview day, and my first project for the May release.  I am so excited cuz there are some really great things in this release.  My project today is using the Treasured template.  Obviously it makes a super treasure chest, and I can't wait to use it for that, but since Father's Day is coming up, this is what I came up with!
Isn't this too cute.  I always have a hard time coming up with things that are masculine, because that's not easy for me, but my dad loves to both barbecue and eat barbecue, so I used the template to make him his own little barbecue.
For the decorative pieces I ran them through a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it that texture that a barbecue has.  I altered the handles from the template to make them a little longer and them silver heat embossed them to make them look like metal as well as the piece on the front.  While the embossing was still hot, I stamped it with the Puckered Up Patterns acrylic stamp set

Here is what it looks like opened up.  I put in some barbecue seasoning and a gift card to my dad's favorite restaurant, Red Lobster.
I also made him a Father's Day card with the new stamp set Dad's Day to Relax...too cute!  The spatula and mitts are from the What's Cookin stamp set.  I glittered the spatula to make it shiny and colored the mitts with Copics and then used glitter pen for the quilting.
Here is a closeup of the card.  I used the same stamp emboss technique for the layer behind the stamp.  I thought that turned out really cool.
And, again, another picture of the card.  I really enjoyed making this and the Treasured template goes together so fast.  I know I am going to have to make another one as a true treasure chest with all sorts of frills and flowers!  Can't wait!

That's all I have for today, but please stop by the other teamies that are on tap to show you what they have in store for you.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Release.  It's gonna be great!

5 comments:

  1. Love the grill idea!! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...you won round one with this! LOL! I love this! Very clever! Your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How smart! Love the grill...it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely phenomenal, just LOVE your use of the template, such a coooool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea - wow just so creative! Thanks so much for joining us a JUGS this week. We do appreciate the support of our loyal followers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I love to read and hear what you have to say!

 
Images by Freepik