Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

MTME -- Preview Day 1

It's that time again...release time over at My Time Made Easy.  I know I say this every month, but I do have to say this month so far is my very favorite.  The project I get to show you is the 3 Tier Cake.
Is this not the sweetest design?  Each layer is a box.  You can either make it as a set like I did, or you could make just one box.  There are so many possibilities.
I used the Fun Flower paper  for the sides and tops of my cakes and embellished with some flower ribbon.  The butterflies I made with some stamen and prima flowers that I inked to match the color of the paper.
Isn't this the yummiest cake you've ever seen...and there isn't a single calorie in it.  That's my kind of cake.
Here is another shot of the side of the cake.  Here is another butterfly I made.
I really enjoyed making this project and it was just in time to give as a gift to one of my friends at work.  We are having a potluck for her and we are using this as a centerpiece.  How fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by and please visit the other team members to see what designs they have come up with.





6 comments:

  1. Wowee! This is gorgeous! It looks like the wedding cakes I used to make! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply Gorgeous! I could see this dressed up with Fourth of July colors and stars. What a wonderful box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowowowowowow...........so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This IS so yummy, Kimberly! I adore all the frilly embellishments -- especially those fabric roses to resemble icing - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Kim, this is stunning!!! Absolutely stunning! Jaw hitting the floor stunning! Amazing job girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! I looooooove all the roses around the edges of the boxes. And that beautiful ribbon, so many amazing details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I love to read and hear what you have to say!

 
Images by Freepik