Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

MTME Release Day: A Little Bit S'more

It is finally release day and what you have all been waiting for!  This month is such a great release.  I love all the new templates and the paper and, oh, yeah, the stamps, which I will be showing you later in the release.
This template is called the Happy Camper.  You probably saw a peek of it at MTME yesterday, but today we were asked to make it something other than a camper, and I came up with a Pillbox purse...don't ya love it?
Isn't this so sweet?  I used paper from the Cool Romance paper pack.  It has just a touch of baby blue in the pattern.  I made a flap on the side and lined it with pearls and a modified Rolled Bloom Scalloped in the center.

The tag is made by layering the Simple Tags Oval cut file which I embossed with the Monograms Defined acrylic stamp set and used some pearl string to attach it.  Here is the Rolled Bloom again.  I put one on each side of the handle. 
For my card I used the same paper, and for the tag in the middle, I used the Well Rounded tag cut file.  I monogramed the "S" on each side of the tag.  My daughter's last name starts with an "S" and I thought this gift would be great for the end of the school year.
Here is a closeup of the tag.  I stamped the sentiment using the Sensational Sentiments acrylic stamp set.  Love this color combo!
And here it is again, the whole set.  Just a note, in order for the handle to look proporionate, I had to put it on the other side of the closure, so I velcro'd the handle on this side so you could open it.

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by for a look see, and please stop by the other teamies to see what they have come up with.  I am sure it will impress you as it has me!

1 comment:

  1. I am swooning over your aqua/brown color combo! This is beautiful!!! I love how you turned it into a purse. Great project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I love to read and hear what you have to say!

 
Images by Freepik